Ph.D. 2009 University of Louisiana at Lafayette
M.S. 2002 University of Nebraska
B.S. 2000 Northwestern State University
My research interests are in Mathematical Biology, Differential Equations, and Difference equations. In particular, I am interested in population modeling and stability analysis.
Selected research publications:
- A Matrix Population Model of Beaked Whales (with Tyler Montgomery, Baoling Ma, and Azmy S. Ackleh), Neural, Parallel and Scientific Computations, 23 (2015), 179-192.
- Approximate Solutions of Abel's Equation using Rational Inversion of the Laplace Transform (with Patricio Jara, and Kevin W. Zito), Neural, Parallel, and Scientific Computations, 23 (2015), 169-178.
- Chaos in a Two-stage Discrete Model with Strong Nonlinearities (with L. Perry), Dynamic Systems and Applications, 23 (2014), 619-634.
- Demographic Analysis of Sperm Whales Using Matrix Population Models (with A. Ackleh, B. Ma, N. Pal, and S. Sidorovskaia), Ecological Modelling, 248 (2013), 71-79.
- A Discrete Dispersal Model with Constant and Periodic Environments (with A.S. Ackleh and P. Zhang), Journal of Biological Dynamics, 5 (2011), 563-578.
- Competitive Exclusion in a Discrete Juvenile-Adult Model with Continuous and Seasonal Reproduction (with A.S. Ackleh), Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, 17 (2011), 955-975.
- The Global Dynamics of a Discrete Juvenile-Adult Model with Continuous and Seasonal Reproduction (with A.S. Ackleh), Journal of Biological Dynamics, 3 (2009), 101-115.