204D Maxim Doucet Hall
Ph.D., 2009, Arizona State University
M.A., 2006, Arizona State University
B.S., 1997, University of Bucharest, Romania
My research interests are in the fields of Mathematical Biology, Difference and Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems. In particular, my current work is focused on the study of persistence in discrete and continuous time dynamical systems, with applications in population biology and epidemiology.
Selected research publications:
- Competitive exclusion and coexistence in an n-species Ricker model (with Azmy S. Ackleh), J. Biol. Dyn., submitted.
- On a discrete selection mutation model (with Azmy S. Ackleh and Robert J. Sacker), J. Difference Equ. Appl., 20 (2014), 1383--1403, DOI 10.1080/10236198.2014.933819.
- Competitive exclusion through discrete time models (with Azmy S. Ackleh), Theory and Applications of Difference Equations and Discrete Dynamical Systems, Springer Proceedings in Mathematics and Statistics, 102 (2014), 3--21.
- Robust Uniform Persistence and Competitive Exclusion in a Nonautonomous Multi-Strain SIR Epidemic Model with Disease-Induced Mortality (with Azmy Ackleh), J. of Mathematical Biology, 68 (2014), 453--475, DOI 10.1007/s00285-012-0636-4.
- Robust uniform persistence in discrete and continuous nonautonomous systems, J. Math. Anal. Appl., 398 (2013), 487--500.
- Robust Uniform Persistence in Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems using Lyapunov Exponents, Math. Biosci. Eng., 8 2011, 807--825.
- Persistence and Global Stability in a Selection-Mutation Size-Structured Model (with Azmy Ackleh and Baoling Ma), J. Biol. Dyn., 5 2011, 436--453.
- Persistence in a Discrete-time, Stage-structured Epidemic Model (with Hal L. Smith), J. Difference Equ. Appl., 16 2010, 73--103.
- Lyapunov Exponents and Persistence in Discrete Dynamical Systems (with Hal L. Smith), Discrete Cont. Dyn-B., 12 (2009), 187--203.
- Lyapunov Exponents and Uniform Weak Normally Repelling Invariant Sets (with Hal L. Smith), Lecture Notes in Control and Informational Sciences, Proceedings of the third Multidisciplinary International Symposium on Positive Systems: Theory and Applications (POSTA 2009) , Valencia, Spain, September 2009, 17--27.