Math 110: Pre-Calculus, Trigonometry and Function Theory
Text: Precalculus, 2nd Edition, Cynthia Young, Wiley, 2014.
Prerequisites: Minimum ACT math score of 24, MATH 109 with a minimum grade of C, or placement in MATH 110 by the Mathematics Department Placement Exam.
WILEY PLUS is required. A TI-83 or TI-84 Graphing Calculator is required.
Sections and Topics
- 4.1 Angle Measure
- 4.2 Right Triangle Trigonometry
- 4.3 Trigonometric Functions of Angles
- 4.4 The Law of Sines
- 4.5 The Law of Cosines
- 5.1 Trigonometric Functions: The Unit Circle Approach
- 5.2 Graphs of Sine and Cosine Functions
- 5.3 Graphs of Other Trigonometric Functions
- 6.1 Verifying Trigonometric Identities
- 6.2 Sum and Difference Identities
- 6.3 Double-Angle and Half-Angle Identities
- 6.5 Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- 6.6 Trigonometric Equations
- 7.1 Vectors
- 7.2 The Dot Product
- 7.3 Polar Form of Complex Numbers
- 7.4 Products, Quotients, Powers, and Roots of Complex Numbers
- 7.5 Polar Coordinates and Graphs of Polar Equations
Last updated 23 June, 2015