Department Head in the rank of Full Professor
The Department of Mathematics at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette (UL Lafayette) invites applications for the position of Department Head in the rank of Full Professor, beginning August 1, 2018.
The successful candidate should have a proven record of strong research and publications, leadership in academic settings and ability to lead and advance a diverse group of accomplished teachers and scholars, excellent administrative and interpersonal skills, the ability to teach mathematics or statistics courses at all levels and mentor graduate students, and the ability to attract external funding.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics;
- Credentials commensurate with an appointment at the rank of Full Professor;
- A distinguished record of research, publications, and teaching, including student mentoring and doctoral student supervision;
- A track record of developing successful, externally-funded research programs;
- A commitment to attracting and supporting a diverse faculty, staff, and student body;
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, and the ability to work openly, personably, transparently, and effectively with every constituency in the Department, and with both internal and external stakeholders.
Applicants should apply online at www.mathjobs.org/jobs/10571 or send a complete application package, including a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and contact information of five references electronically (as a single PDF file) to Professor Arturo Magidin.
To ensure full consideration, receipt of a complete application is required on or before December 1, 2017.
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.