Ph.D. 1990 Iowa State University
M.S. 1984 Huazhong University of Science and Technology, PRC
B.S. 1981 Wuhan University of Technology, PRC
Dr. Keng Deng earned his Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics at Iowa State University in 1990. Upon graduation, he became Assistant Professor of mathematics at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. In 1995, Dr. Deng was granted tenure and promoted to Associate Professor. He then advanced to Professor in 2001.
Dr. Deng's field of research is Partial Differential Equations with an emphasis on nonlinear problems arising from applied sciences. In this area, over 80 of his research papers have been published in professional journals. As a PI or Co-PI, Dr. Deng has received National Science Foundation grants exceeding $450,000. He has also directed twelve doctoral students.
Selected research publications:
- Anderson, Jeffrey R. and Deng, Keng, A lower bound on the blow up time for solutions of a chemotaxis system with nonlinear chemotactic sensitivity, Nonlinear Anal., 159 (2017),2--9.
- Deng, Keng and Wu, Yixiang, Extinction and uniform strong persistence of a size-structured population model, Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. Ser. B, 22 (2017) no. 3,831--840.
- Deng, Keng and Wu, Yixiang, Dynamics of a susceptible-infected-susceptible epidemic reaction-diffusion model, Proc. Roy. Soc. Edinburgh Sect. A, 146 (2016) no. 5,929--946.
- Anderson, Jeffrey R. and Deng, Keng and Wang, Qian, Global behavior of solutions to the fast diffusion equation with boundary flux governed by memory, Math. Methods Appl. Sci., 39 (2016) no. 15,4451--4462.
- Deng, Keng and Wang, Qian, Global existence and blow-up for the fast diffusion equation with a memory boundary condition, Quart. Appl. Math., 74 (2016) no. 1,189--199.
- Ackleh, Azmy S. and Deng, Keng and Wu, Yixiang, Competitive exclusion and coexistence in a two-strain pathogen model with diffusion, Math. Biosci. Eng., 13 (2016) no. 1,1--18.
- Deng, Keng and Wang, Yi, Sensitivity analysis for a nonlinear size-structured population model, Quart. Appl. Math., 73 (2015) no. 3,401--417.
- Deng, Keng and Wu, Yixiang, On the diffusive Nicholson's blowflies equation with distributed delay, Appl. Math. Lett., 50 (2015),126--132
- Deng, Keng and Wang, Yi, A second-order characteristic line scheme for solving a juvenile-adult model of amphibians, J. Biol. Dyn., 9 (2015) suppl. 1,51--63.
- Deng, Keng and Wu, Yixiang, Global stability for a nonlocal reaction-diffusion population model, Nonlinear Anal. Real World Appl., 25 (2015),127--136