Ph.D. 2006 University of Toronto
M.S. 2001 University of Havana
B.A. 1998 University of Havana
My research interests include: operator algebras, classification of C*-algebras, K-theory, the Cuntz semigroup, Hilbert C*-modules
Selected research publications:
- An algebraic approach to the radius of comparison (with B. Blackadar, A. Tikuisis, A. Toms, and W. Winter), Trans. of the Amer. Math. Soc. , 364 (2012), 3657--3674.
- Classification of inductive limits of 1-dimensional NCCW complexes, Adv. in Math., 231 (2012), 2802--2836.
- Nuclear dimension and n-comparison, Münster Journal of Mathematics, 4 (2011), 65--72.
- Hilbert C*-modules over commutative C*-algebras (with A. Tikusis), Proc. London Math Soc., 102 (2011), 229--256.
- The cone of lower semicontinuous traces on a C*-algebra (with G. A. Elliott and L. Santiago), Amer. J. Math., to appear.
- Classification of C*-homomorphisms from C_0(0,1] to a C*-algebra (with L. Santiago), J. Funct. Anal., 258 (2010), 869--892.
- On the comparison of positive elements of a C*-algebra by lower semicontinuous traces, Indiana Univ. Math. J., 58 (2009).
- Cuntz semigroup of ideals and quotients and a generalized Kasparov Stabilization Theorem (with A. Ciuperca and L. Santiago), J. Operator Theory, 64 (2010), 155--169.
- Expanding maps of the circle revisited: Positive Lyapunov exponents in a rich family (with E. R. Pujals and M. Shub), Ergodic Theory Dynam. Systems, 26 (2006), 1931--1937.
- Similarity of perturbations of Hessenberg matrices, J. Operator Theory, 54 (2005), 125--136.