204D Maxim Doucet Hall
Ph.D., 2009, Arizona State University
M.A., 2006, Arizona State University
B.S., 1997, University of Bucharest, Romania
My research interests are in the fields of Mathematical Biology, Difference and Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems. In particular, my current work is focused on the study of persistence in discrete and continuous time dynamical systems, with applications in population biology and epidemiology.
Selected research publications:
- Kong, Jude D. and Salceanu, Paul and Wang, Hao, A stoichiometric organic matter decomposition model in a chemostat culture, J. Math. Biol., 76 (2018) no. 3,609--644.
- Roth, Gregory and Salceanu, Paul L. and Schreiber, Sebastian J., Robust permanence for ecological maps, SIAM J. Math. Anal., 49 (2017) no. 5,3527--3549.
- Ackleh, Azmy S. and Cushing, J. M. and Salceanu, Paul L., On the dynamics of evolutionary competition models, Nat. Resour. Model., 28 (2015) no. 4,380--397.
- Ackleh, Azmy S. and Salceanu, Paul L., Competitive exclusion and coexistence in an $n$-species Ricker model, J. Biol. Dyn., 9 (2015) suppl. 1,321--331.
- Ackleh, Azmy S. and Salceanu, Paul L., Competitive exclusion through discrete time modelsTheory and applications of difference equations and discrete dynamical systems, Springer Proc. Math. Stat., 102 (2014),3--21.
- Ackleh, Azmy S. and Sacker, Robert J. and Salceanu, Paul On a discrete selection-mutation model, J. Difference Equ. Appl., 20 (2014) no. 10,1383--1403.
- Ackleh, Azmy S. and Salceanu, Paul L., Robust uniform persistence and competitive exclusion in a nonautonomous multi-strain SIR epidemic model with disease-induced mortality, J. Math. Biol., 68 (2014) no. 1-2,453--475.
- Salceanu, Paul L., Robust uniform persistence in discrete and continuous nonautonomous systems, J. Math. Anal. Appl., 398 (2013) no. 2,487--500.
- Malik, Tufail, Salceanu, Paul, Mubayi, Anuj, Tridane, Abdessamad and Imran, Mudassar, West Nile dynamics: virus transmission between domestic and wild bird populations through vectors, Can. Appl. Math. Q., 20 (2012) no. 4,535--556.
- Ackleh, Azmy S. and Ma, Baoling and Salceanu, Paul L., Persistence and global stability in a selection-mutation size-structured model, J. Biol. Dyn., 5 (2011) no. 5,436--453.