Ph.D. 2009 City University of Hong Kong (jointly awarded by University of Science and Technology of China)
B.S. 2004 University of Science and Technology of China
I joined the Department of Mathematics at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in August 2016. Before that, I had been working at City University of Hong Kong, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Southeast Missouri State University, and York University. My research interests are mainly in the interdisciplinary areas of applied analysis, computational mathematics, and mathematical biology. I am actively seeking for collaborations with various researchers from different backgrounds. Especially, I enjoy advising graduate and undergraduate students on their research projects. I like to communicate mathematics in terms of teaching, publication, presentation and discussion. My other hobbies include swimming, hiking, reading, playing chess, piano and badminton.
Selected research publications:
- D. Dai, M. E. H. Ismail,Wang, Xiang-Sheng, Doubly infinite Jacobi matrices revisited: Resolvent and spectral measure, Advances in Mathematics, 343 (2019), 157-192.
- Liu, Jun,Wang, Xiang-Sheng, Numerical optimal control of a size-structured PDE model for metastatic cancer treatment, Math. Biosci., 314, (2019), 28-42,
- Shu, Hongying,Pan, Xuejun,Wang, Xiang-Sheng,Wu, Jianhong, Traveling waves in epidemic models: non-monotone diffusive systems with non-monotone incidence rates, J. Dynam. Differential Equations, 31, (2019,) 2, 883-901,
- Hager, William W.,Liu, Jun,Mohapatra, Subhashree,Rao, Anil V.,Wang, Xiang-Sheng, Convergence rate for a Gauss collocation method applied to constrained optimal control, SIAM J. Control Optim., 56, (2018,) 2, 1386-1411,
- Wang, Xiang-Sheng,Wong, R., Asymptotics of Racah polynomials with fixed parameters, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., 146, (2018,) 3, 1083-1096,
- Wang, Haiyan,Wang, Xiang-Sheng, Traveling wave phenomena in a Kermack-McKendrick SIR model, J. Dynam. Differential Equations, 28, (2016,) 1, 143-166,
- Wang, Xiang-Sheng,Zhao, Xiao-Qiang, Pulsating waves of a partially degenerate reaction-diffusion system in a periodic habitat, J. Differential Equations, 259, (2015,) 12, 7238-7259,
- Shi, Xiaoping,Wang, Xiang-Sheng,Reid, Nancy, Saddlepoint approximation of nonlinear moments, Statist. Sinica, 24, (2014,) 4, 1597-1611,
- Wang, Xiang-Sheng, D. He, J. J. Wylie and H. Huang, Singular perturbation solutions of steady-state Poisson-Nernst-Planck systems, Physical Review E, 89 (2014), 022722.
- Wang, Xiang-Sheng,Wu, Jianhong,Yang, Yong, Richards model revisited: validation by and application to infection dynamics, J. Theoret. Biol., 313, (2012, 12-19,