403 Maxim Doucet Hall
Ph.D. (Applied Statistics) 2009 Univ. of Calif. Riverside
M.A. (Mathematics) 2008 Univ. of Calif. Riverside
M.S. (Statistics) 2004 San Diego State University
B.A (Bioengineering Pre-med) 1997 Univ. of Calif. San Diego
I joined the mathematics department at UL Lafayette as Assistant Professor of Statistics in Fall 2016. Upon receiving my Ph.D. in 2009, I joined Kyungpook National University at Daegu, South Korea as Assistant Professor. After that I was a Visiting Scientist at the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, a Postdoc at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and a Visiting Assistant Professor at Northern Illinois University. My main research interests are in the areas of Big data clustering, Combinatoric probability, Directional Statistics. I am very active in research; but, I am also very serious about my teaching.
Selected research publications:
- An Improved Meta-analysis for Analyzing Cylindrical-type Time Series Data with Applications to Forecasting Problem in Environmental Study (with S. Wang and T.B. Peiris), Journal of Applied Statistics, 45 (2018), 474-486.
- Multivariate and Multiple Circular Regression (with A. SenGupta), Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 87 (2017), 1277-1291.
- Restricted Inference in Circular-Linear and Linear-Circular Regression (with T.B. Peiris), Sri lankan Journal of Statistics, 17 (2016), 39-50.
- A Multivariate Circular Distribution with Applications to the Protein Structure Prediction Problem (with SenGupta, A. and Arnold, B. C.), Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 143 (2016), 374-382.
- Statistical Inference for Homologous Gene Pairs Between Two Circular Genomes: a New Circular-circular Regression Model (with SenGupta, A.), Statistical Methods and Applications, 25 (2015), 421-432.
- Inverse Circular-Linear/Linear-Circular Regression (with SenGupta, A.), Communications in Statistics, Theory and Method, 44 (2015), 4772-4782.
- Inverse Circular-Circular Regression (with SenGupta and Arnold, B. C), Journal of Multivariate Analysis, 119 (2013), 200-208.
- On Waiting Time Distribution of Runs of Ones or Zeroes in a Bernoulli Sequence (with Park, C. J. and Oh, J.), Statistics and Probability Letters, 83 (2013), 339-344.
- A Three-Parameter Generalized von Mises Distributions (with SenGupta, A.), Statistical Papers, 54 (2012), 685-693.
- Step-Wise Sampling Scheme for a Poisson Intensity Parameter (with Park, C. J.), Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics, 7 (2012), 49-55.